San Diego Metropolitan Area
Summary of Role:
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to help oversee the accounting function at our recently acquired subsidiary, Eton Biosciences. This role will report to the Corporate Controller. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic and a proven track record of developing team members. This person will work closely with our operations and payroll departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Eton’s accounting team.
- Own the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting close process and ensure the close process is performed in a timely, accurate and auditable manner
- Assisting the Senior Accounting Manager – Telesis to perform month-end close activities including consolidations.
- Manage payroll and ensure employees are properly paid and payroll tax returns filing and reconciation.
- Manage employee benefits balance, such as PTO.
- Analyze invoice data and compare to budget, contracts, and work orders to derive needed accruals or prepaid expenses at each period end
- Prform Inventory analysis and adjustment
- Provide budget vs actual analysis for areas of responsibility
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibilities and prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings as needed
- At least 5 years of accounting in an accounting manager role.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with audits and SOX controls
- Thrive in a fast-changing, start-up company environment • Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- Outstanding integrity, accuracy, and organizational skills
- The ability to execute your goals with little training or input
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Limited Travel: 0-25% may be required
- Ability to work in the office under current Covid condition
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year