Global Logistics Manager
San Diego Metropolitan Area
Telesis Bio is looking for a highly skilled Global Logistics Manager to continue to develop and implement our global logistics and warehousing by partnering across all aspects of operations (MFG, quality, supply chain, finance, software development, customer support etc). The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great internal and external partnerships, processes, and tools. The person will have direct responsibility over warehousing activities, including shipping, receiving and inventory control which includes direct management of the team. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on to manage our current logistics and warehouse methods in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver world-class systems and results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and sustain Telesis Bio’s global logistics and warehouse strategy to support multiple sites
- Define KPIs, implement, set goals, and develop a scorecard to report continuous improvement toward goals
- Drive process improvements and automation for shipment collateral (bookings, commercial invoices, export registration, import permits, manufacturer’s declaration, etc.), and warehouse systems (automated transactions, inventory management)
- Assure processes within shipping, receiving, warehouse operations are compliant to regulatory requirements
- Resolve logistic-related Order Fulfillment delays promptly and establish CAPAs as needed
- Collaborate with Customer Support to implement systems that provide real-time delivery status quickly and efficiently to Customer Support or direct to customers.
- Achieve global trade compliance by developing policies and implementing procedures and tools cross-functionally to monitor and sustain compliance.
- Lead negotiations on service level and transportation costs with carriers and 3PL partners globally.
- Manage relationships and contracts with key global logistics partners (carriers, freight forwarders, 3PL/warehousing) and drive continuous improvement of partner KPIs.
- Oversee the organization and management of our inventory, including tracking, monitoring
- Own onsite and remote warehouse inventory control: continuous improvement physical inventory maintenance, cycle counts, space utilization
- Ensure that inventory is properly labeled and stored, and that inventory records are accurate and up to date
- Monitor inventory accuracy and conduct regular audits to ensure the integrity of our inventory data
- Manage inventory-related expenses and budgets and provide regular reports on inventory performance and trends
- Own, maintain and improve all Warehouse and Order fulfillment policies and procedures
- Mentor and develop staff to continuously improve skills and experience
- 10+ years of direct leadership experience international Logistics, Forwarding, International Trade, Imports and Exports controls, inventory management, distribution, service supply chain operations, or equivalent
- Experience with Dynamics, and MS Office, primarily Excel required
- Experience working in a Quality regulated environment and knowledge of TQM is a plus
- Exceptional people skills, fostering cross functional collaboration.
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Deep knowledge of ERP warehouse management functionality and inventory control
- Able to present detailed analysis and proposals to all levels of management. Proficient with Microsoft, Google, Atlassian suite of products
- Experience developing programs, processes, global metrics, and procedures to enable an effective scale-up of the warehouse and logistics function.
- Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma Process Excellence, LEAN and 5S principles highly desirable
- Experience effectively managing a variety of logistics partners to support a complex global business operating in all major regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC).
- Ability to be flexible with related work assignments along with the ability to deal with shifting priorities and changes and display effective time management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain management, or a related field highly preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma experience/certification highly desirable
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work daily. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
- 10 -15 %. Some international travel may be required.
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year