National Sales Manager
San Diego, California, United States
No recruiter inquiries please, candidate applications only.
About Eton Bioscience:
Eton Bioscience Inc is a privately held company headquartered in sunny San Diego, at the heart of the biotech scene. Since our founding in 2003, we have been contributing to the biological research community by providing support to both academia and industry with our services. We strive to provide the absolute best through our competitive pricing, reliable service and quality care to our customers. By developing and utilizing the latest innovative techniques, we hope to become a powerful resource for research needs. At Eton we deliver services, not words. We are devoted to meeting the research community’s need for quality DNA sequencing and oligo synthesis. We also provide a variety of custom services as well as our own line of products. Initially only serving the local San Diego area, we have now expanded to provide our services to research institutions worldwide.
Summary of Role:
Salary-$110,000 annual w/commission
Full time-Mon through Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m., also some overtime possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following, other duties may be assigned at the company’s sole discretion.
At Eton Bioscience, the sales team is the engine that drives the reach of our comprehensive set of services for the biotechnology industry. We’re seeking a sales manager with a scientific background who can lead the sales team as well as the operations required to implement the organizational sales strategy, drive revenue growth, and accomplish financial objectives. The ideal sales manager has deep experience with the entire sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and deal closing. We’re looking for a quick learner with a background in DNA and sequencing technologies, who also comes with strong negotiating skills — someone with a successful track record who can inspire the same performance in others. The role demands a leader who has a sharp mind and an ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives while building and maintaining a high-performance team.
Other additional duties:
1. Oversees local and regional sales, promotions and campaigns
2. Organizes workshops and site visits targeting new customers to grow the sales funnel
3. Plans and directs the hiring and training of new Sales Representatives and Technical Sales Specialists
4. Directs and coordinates all sales activities locally and regionally
5. Prepares sales budgets and projections, approves expenditures
6. Develops and implements tracking systems and key quantitative metrics to analyze sales statistics
7. Handles and resolves customer complaints regarding large projects and special services
8. Sets discount rates and determines price schedules
9. Serves as the face of the organization to internal and external partners
10. Makes data-informed decisions to drive performance and resource allocation
11. Develops and maintains relationships with key clients
12. Sets sales quotas and goals
13. Oversees and directs performance of the sales team
14. Identifies emerging markets to find new sales, service and project opportunities.
15. Influences business strategies based on analysis of market trends, customer requirements,
and competitive strategy
16. Adds value for the business through product positioning and differentiation.
17. Define and execute territory sales plans
1. B. A. or B.SC. in Business Management or equivalent and/or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related science with sales experience required
2. 5 plus years’ experience in sales management or 10+ years in sales with strong leadership skills and a background in biotechnology services is essential
3. Familiar with molecular biological processes, specifically plasmid purification, sequencing and DNA assembly
4. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
5. Goal and Objective Management skills
6. Coaching, Leadership and strong collaboration skills
7. Excellent Sales Process Skills, including familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Hubspot
8. Has excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
9. Sense of urgency
10. Comfortable in fast-paced environments, adept at making decisions in ambiguous situations
11. A confident, natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
12. Proactive, needs little guidance once trained
13. Proficient in MS Office and other digital platforms
Physical Demands for all job positions at Eton Bio:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move 20 lbs. repeatedly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. for short distances. The employee must be able to push and/or pull large equipment for short distances. The employee must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use the stairs, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms with equipment needed to accomplish the job tasks. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year