Senior Commodity Buyer
San Diego County, California, United States
Summary of Role:
Telesis Bio is looking for a highly skilled Senior Commodity Buyer to efficiently manage and perform key commercial aspects of purchasing such as: supplier selection, price negotiation, new material coordination, global coordination. Will also lead efforts with affiliate procurement, engineers and global purchasing members as well as support the development of the Purchasing and Commodity strategies. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great internal and external partnerships, processes, and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads set cost reduction objectives and develops cost reduction strategies with suppliers
- Manages selection and sourcing of suppliers as part of the strategic supply base while meeting program commitments and requirements
- Conducts market tests and cost control renegotiations to maintain cost competitiveness
- Serves as first point of contact and liaison to the supply base
- Leads the negotiation of the “Telesis Bio Purchase Terms and Conditions” with each supplier
- Supports Advanced Purchasing with cost reduction strategies or sourcing of new suppliers to support new programs
- Manages the selection of alternate sources of suppliers to ensure continuity, consistency of quality and competitive pricing
- Manages Supplier performance according to QCDE (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Environmental) to achieve overall targets and objectives
- Champions the SCR (Supplier Change Request), ensure SCR’s are closed out on time defined within the process
- Processes RFQ’s, while maintaining price contracts
- Ensures compliance with all documentation (including NDA, supplier contracts, SCN, PCN, SCR, and Price evaluation reports)
- Conducts Executive Supplier reviews with key suppliers to improve overall performance
- Ensures data integrity and compliance with Purchasing cost reduction road map
- Supports/Achieves Global cost improvement initiatives
- Identifies savings opportunities
- Manages Supply Chain optimization through price harmonization, localization and logistics routes
- Establish product setups and ensure data integrity in the ERP system.
- Establishes bill of materials (BOMs) for intermediates and finished goods and coordinates product setups in the ERP system, by driving the process with cross functional teams.
- Looks for opportunities to standardize data and find solutions that enable optimization of ERP system functionality for the organization.
- Project coordination of product launches/changes throughout implementation.
- Maintains and updates product information and BOMs in the ERP system.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure costing is accurate as well as maintain cost updates throughout the item life cycle.
- Learns and becomes “Super-User” in ERP system and facilitates the development of members in learning and utilization of ERP.
- Prepares and supports the project team with any product documentation to production, quality, and customers as requested.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities related to maintenance data or activities
- Participate in capital projects such as commissioning, decommissioning, and system upgrades
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years’ experience in supply chain management in biotechnology/life science industry.
- Experience in Pharma, Biotech or similar life science sector that are governed in GMP regulations, systems and processes is preferred
- Experience with Dynamics, and MS Office, primarily Excel required
- Advanced Excel user with ability to use V-Look Up function, Pivot tables, and charts
- Very organized, high level of attention to detail
- Has succeeded at developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a Quality regulated environment and knowledge of TQM is a plus
- Exceptional people skills, fostering cross functional collaboration.
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrive in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, great computer skills
- Experience developing programs, processes, global metrics, and procedures to enable an effective scale-up of the Supply Chain function.
- Ability to be flexible with related work assignments along with the ability to deal with shifting priorities and changes and display effective time management skills
- Must be a team player who is comfortable operating in a high energy and often deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain management, or a related field highly preferred
- As a critical and essential role, the candidate must be willing and able to travel to the San Diego, CA office to report to work daily. We have protocols in place to provide a safe, socially distanced work environment.
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year