Senior Research Associate
San Diego Metropolitan Area
We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our product development team. This role will report to the Senior Director of the Product Development team and will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to the development of new products and building our business around our biopolymer-printer as we focus on delivering transformational products for our customers this year. A successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and a highly collaborative start-up environment doing cutting-edge science. This person will work closely with personnel from the Research and Innovation team and the Operations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceive, plan and execute wet lab experiments.
- Engage and collaborate with team members at Telesis Bio to bring research related initiatives towards new product development.
- Document experiments in detailed and complete reports; present data-supported conclusions in meetings.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and follow-through in implementing projects and tasks.
- Keep up to date with scientific literature in the areas of strategic interest to Codex DNA.
- Serve as an example to Telesis Bio’s Culture.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques such as PCR, RT-PCR, Cloning (Gibson Assembly, Conventional Ligation Technique, Golden-Gate Assembly), plasmid and genomic DNA extraction, agarose-gel analysis and extraction of DNA, Microbiological media preparation, Buffers preparation, Sterile Techniques for propagating bacterial and yeast cultures, Sanger Sequencing and NGS data analysis.
- Candidates with hands-on experience automating synthetic biology workflows for biologics discovery (antibodies) and NGS library preps will be given preference for this role.
- Candidates with experience in mammalian cell culture will be a great fit for this role.
- Innovative in trouble shooting, generating new ideas and constantly willing to learn will be considered highly favorable characteristics for this position.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and projects is expected.
- BS degree in Life Sciences or a related field with 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience or
- MS degree in Life Sciences or a related field with 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 4 Year