Sequencing Analysis Technician
San Diego Metropolitan Area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following, other duties may be assigned at the company’s sole discretion.
Sequencing Analysis Technician will take care of all customer accounts assigned to their branch (via email and phone communication) by assisting to answer all questions relating to company logistics, services, results, quality, etc. This role will act as a liaison, providing information regarding our DNA Sequencing, Oligonucleotide Synthesis and DNA Prep services. In addition, the Sequencing Analysis Technician will resolve any emerging problems that our customers may face with accuracy and efficiency. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively though phone or email correspondence with patience and empathy towards tough situations.
The main responsibility of this role is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and provide troubleshooting support while maintaining high customer satisfaction. This role relays appropriate information to applicable departments when customers reach out to support requiring information beyond the individual’s jurisdiction or knowledge. Sequencing Analysis Techs also assist with sequencing analysis, technical troubleshooting, setting up repeats, and courier pick-up coordination as needed, in addition to running all primer walking projects (primer design, sequencing, assembly/alignment) to completion.
Other additional duties:
- Manage incoming customer inquiries and troubleshooting requests via phone and email
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within a timely fashion; follow up to ensure resolution
- Stay up to date on all lab protocols and service updates to better assist customers with questions (will be trained on sequencing lab processes)
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Take the extra time to engage customers
- Analyze sequencing data and setup re-work based on analysis
- Consistent communication with team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in the biological sciences field
- Customer support experience or experience in a customer-facing role or general interest in getting into customer service in the biological field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Has excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills
- Sense of urgency and willing to take on problem solving with a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Office
- Willing to work overtime when needed
Physical Demands for all job positions at Eton Bio:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move 20 lbs. repeatedly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. for short distances. The employee must be able to push and/or pull large equipment for short distances. The employee must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use the stairs, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms with equipment needed to accomplish the job tasks. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Full time-Mon through Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m., also some overtime Sat morning hours (1-4 hours on alternate weekends)
Job type: FULL_TIME
Experience: 2 Year